Need a cute Father’s Day gift? I found this snack bowl idea and thought I would share it with you. Enjoy!
• First, paint a terracotta pot (5 1/2 inches tall is a good size) …..let it dry completely. (Spray paint works well for this.)
• Then, cut out a tie shape out of paper (here’s a pattern for mine if you need one). • Use your tie pattern piece to cut out a fabric tie piece and a felt tie piece.
• Sew the fabric tie to the felt tie, stitching right around the edges. (Use a big stitch length so that the two layers don’t shift so much.)
• Then, hot glue the tie right to your painted pot. • Then hot glue a styrofoam ball down in the bottom of your pot.
• Now, print out “Happy Father’s Day!” on cardstock, cut it out in a flag shape (if desired) and then glue it to the end of a shortened thin wooden dowel. Glue the message to the dowel.
• Stick the other end of the wooden dowel down into the styrofoam ball. • Then pour in the yummy treats.
It’s that simple! What Dad wouldn’t want his own homemade bucket full of his favorite treats?
Click here for the website to see the full instructions with pictures if you wish to see it step by step with the pictures.