I was supposed to make beef stroganoff last week, but something came up and I didn’t get to. So, you will see it on this week’s meal plan. My family loves this meal and we don’t want to miss having it when I have all of the ingredients on-hand to make it.
I have no idea where this recipe came from, as it is not the traditional stroganoff most people are familiar with from their own kitchen. No mushrooms wll be found in this version, that is for sure! Though, you could add them if you would like. I remember my mother used to make this all of the time when I was a child. I assume she got the recipe from my Grandma, but I am not really sure. Hope you like it.
- 1 lb. ground beef (you can substitute turkey, but I recommend beef)
- 1 tbsp. all season salt
- 3 tbsp. celery seed
- 1 tsp. mustard (I like brown mustard)
- 32 oz sour cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 16 oz. wide egg noodles (We like to use No Yolk)
HERE’S HOW YOU COOK IT:
- 1/2 c. onion, chopped (which I cook with the beef while it is browning)
- 1/2 cup beef broth (which I add to the ground beef after it is fully cooked. I add this just before I put in the sour cream and other ingredients)