I love cooking. I have several recipe books and i am always looking for new recipes to try out. Rachel Ray has some great recipes and I own several of her books. Here is one of the recipes i really like from her 365: no repeats cookbook. enjoy!
- 2 tbs EVOO
- 8 Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 5 Garlic cloves
- chopped 1 tbs Fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 cup Dry white wine
- 3 cups Chicken stock
- 3 Med. – small red bliss potatoes, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 cup Fozen peas
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup Flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Crusty bread, to pass at the table
Here’s How You Cook it:
Preheat a large skillet or wide soup pot over med-high heat and add EVOO. Season chicken w/ salt/pepper. Add chicken to skillet and brown on both sides for 3 minutes. Scoot thighss to the edges of the pan, making some space in the center of the skillet. Add the onions, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
Add the wine and chicken stock, turn the heat up to high, bring up to a simmer. Add the potatoes and stir everything together. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove lid and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Add peas, lemon juice, lemon zest and parsely and cook for 1 more minute to pass heat through.